Welcome back : Chartres en Lumières 2022
From April 30, 2022 to January 14, 2023, you are once again invited to plunge into a colorful fairy-tale universe, discovering the city center’s must-see sites in an atypical way. Chartres en lumières returns for its 19th edition with 21 illuminated sites, including a few new ones: the Montescot Hotel is back and a gallery of characters will come to life in the rue Saint-Pierre.
Some key elements :
– The largest event for the enhancement of heritage through light.
– Chartrain’s heritage to be (re)discovered
– More than 20 monuments illuminated
– A free event produced by the City of Chartres.
– An operation that lasts from April to January, 7 days a week, from dusk to 1 am (10:30 pm from October 31).
– More than one million visitors each year.
– An internationally recognized technical expertise.
An experience renewed every year
To ensure that visitors are amazed, new illuminations are proposed every year and new historical sites are regularly added to the program! And since 2020, the season extends to the end of the year and includes several Christmas-themed illuminations. A great way to perpetuate the magic of this time of year (and to start the next one off right)!
Highlights and animations to mark the season
In addition to the scenographies, the season of Chartres en lumières is interspersed with highlights such as the Festival of Light. Guided tours of the event are also organized by our partners and can take original forms. And the little train of Chartres does not fail to offer visitors a commented tour of Chartres in lights, comfortably installed.